Benefits of Nature
The benefits of spending time outside are practically endless, but here are a few specific ways Mother Nature makes our lives better.
- Spending time in natural sunlight has been shown to increase vitamin D levels, which helps fight osteoporosis, cancer, depression, heart attacks, and skin conditions like acne and eczema.
- Exploring the great outdoors is a natural, easy way to get some exercise.
- Research shows that getting fresh air boosts our mood, and helps us keep those good feelings going even when we’ve moved back inside.
- Exposure to nature can increase focus and concentration, especially for children and adults that have ADD or ADHD.
- Spending time in and being aware of the natural world around us may help us better use our senses. Human senses, just like all other animals, are designed to be used outdoors. By spending more time outside, you will start to see, smell, hear, feel, and possibly even taste things you didn’t even know you were missing out on.